May 14 complete answers to WAOW

 Channel 9 has put out a few articles on Kronenwetter again. They ask me questions, but only use a tiny fraction of the answers in their article. Here are the questions they sent, and my complete reply.

What did you think about board members mentioning harassment from you among other things at the board meeting?


   They did not just mention it, it was a 15 minute long orchestrated smear campaign of name-calling, accusations, and vilification obviously made for purely political purposes. Village Clerk Bobbi Birk LaBarge, and three office workers, all read prepared statements, that I believe was an embarrassment to the Village.

   I believe that this was a defamation ambush staged by LaBarge as retaliation for my complaint filed against her with the WEC for numerous election law violations.

   Going only from memory of what I heard last night, not one of those four women had a personal account of anything they had seen or heard me do that could be considered harassment. Yet they all claimed, based on hearsay or what they "felt", that I was the cause of people leaving, and the cause of instability at the office. Alex Vedvik has been using this same tactic for two years now. 


   For the record, here is the history of administrators - 2022, Downey was let go by a vote of the Village Board; 2023 Interim Duane Gau left due to his wife's health; 2023 Interim Mahoney contracted for a limited pre-set time only, then he had other plans for the rest of that summer; 2023 Interim Kim Manley also contracted for a limited pre-set time only, then had other issues to take care of back home. These people were intended to leave on certain dates as part of the contract. That's all there was to it.

   Administrator Ludi was hired with a 90 day probation, and has not said exactly why he is leaving.


What is your reaction to the agenda for the first meeting of June for the official censure of you?

   Mr. Vedvik seems to have some kind of obsession with me that is still unexplained. I assume that it is left-right political animosity.

   The feedback I'm getting from people is that they saw last night's event as an unprofessional, deliberate personal attack on me rather than an honest grievance. Vedvik is just carrying it further with his opportunism.

   True grievance complaints would normally go through a certain process for resolution, not this grandstanding before a full house of Village residents. It was kind of absurd.


Where do you hope we go from here?


   I will go forward as I always have, looking out for the best interests of the people of Kronenwetter.

On a positive note, Peter Kampfer was hired as the new Village administrator. He was in the room and had a front row seat to the show. I look forward to working with him.

I think he is the first truly qualified administrator that the Village has had in nearly 20 years.


My blog page is at kencharneski.com is you want to direct people there for these complete answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wausau Pilot inquiry about CFA texts, and My Answer

Trustee Sean Dumais' complete response to Wausau Pilot reporter

(Un)Ethics in Kronenwetter- Why was this report hidden from the public?